Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Egg Fast Recipe - Classic Egg Drop Soup


Since I'm planning on doing another Egg Fast sometime in the next few weeks, I've been experimenting with some new recipes.  This is one that is hubby-approved, so you know it's good.  ;)  If you're not doing an Egg Fast, that's okay - it's still ultra low-carb!  It makes a fabulous lunch, and you can pair it with some cheese crisps to give it a little more "body."  It also pairs nicely with a salad for those of you who are not Egg Fasting.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 tablespoon Liquid Aminos (you can also use soy sauce)
  • 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Pinch Splenda
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • Optional Garnish:  1 tablespoon sliced green onion

Directions:
  1. Heat broth, butter, Liquid Aminos, sesame oil, ginger, garlic powder, and Splenda over medium-high heat until boiling.
  2. Let boil for 1 minute and then reduce heat to medium-low.
  3. While continuously stirring the broth mixture, thinly drizzle beaten egg into the pot and simmer about 1 minute to ensure that the eggs are fully set and opaque.

Yields: 1 serving

*Nutritional Information:
*Nutritional information has been calculated using the MyFitnessPal app.  Sugar alcohols not calculated.

5 comments:

  1. This is my fav recipe of yours. I'm on my third egg fast since I started Keto and its been going great. I find it easy to do an egg fast when I can eat this every day. I like making a big batch because I'm pretty lazy, and even though this is easy, I do much better if I have something that I can just heat!

    I never have aminos, so I use tamari (low carb, gluten free soy sauce). Tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped the eggs to 1 as two eggs were too much and it seemed as if I were eating soggy crackers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One egg less shouldn't make much difference as long as you take your fat down a tablespoon as well. I also find that the longer the soup sits, the more you get that "cracker" effect. One great trick (if you haven't already tried it), is to stick those eggs in a blender and blend the crud out of them! Lol They pour much thinner and make for a better "noodle" texture this way.

      Delete