Monday, March 14, 2016

Egg Fast Recipe - Bulletproof Coconut Cocoa


This recipe came about simply because I was craving chocolate.  I don't drink coffee daily, so mixing up my beverages when on an Egg Fast is important to me.  I like to experience as many flavors as possible so I don't get tired of the Egg Fast before it's over.  If you're an adamant coffee drinker, you could just add 1 tsp of instant coffee to this to "pep" it up.  As with all Egg Fast recipes, this one can be used on any LCHF eating plan.  It's crazy-good and super chocolatey with just a hint of coconut!  ;)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3 packets Truvia
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil

Directions:

1.  Combine the water, cocoa powder, Truvia, and coconut oil.  Blend in a "traditional" blender, with an immersion blender, or with a blender bottle until a frothy head is achieved.

 2.  Pour into an 8-ounce mug.  Enjoy! 


Yields: 1 serving

*Nutritional Information:

*Nutritional information has been calculated using the MyFitnessPal app.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Love it as hot cocoa but I used a cup of brewed coffee and it's to die for!!! You just brightened day 4 of my egg fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good! But that coconut oil is a lot of calories!

    ReplyDelete