The best news about this recipe is that it is Egg Fast friendly! YAY! If you're looking for a way to add fats, these would be excellent mashed with a couple tablespoons of sugar-free mayo for all you Egg-Fasters. ;)
This recipe makes exactly 2 pickled eggs using the handy little 8-ounce jelly jars I bought. These jars are the perfect size for 2 eggs, but you could easily make a larger batch and throw it in a larger jar. The food coloring is completely optional, but if you want that "red hot" color, you will need the food coloring. The hot sauce alone does not color the eggs much.
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1/3 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Splenda Granulated
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 4 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
2. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, Splenda, Frank's Red Hot sauce, and food coloring.
3. Pour vinegar mixture over eggs, filling jelly jar completely.
4. Seal jelly jar and place in the fridge. Let eggs rest for 1-2 weeks in the fridge, shaking gently every couple of days.
Yields: 1 serving