It's hard to come up with new ways to eat eggs when on an Egg Fast. The only way I can survive is to disguise my eggs as other dishes. This is one of those dishes. I can't take full credit for this recipe, because the original version (which is not entirely Egg Fast friendly) comes from Jessie at Sugar Free Like Me. I have been thinking about this recipe for quite a while now, trying to come up with a way to make it 100% Egg Fast friendly, and I've finally done it! So, thank you for the awesome inspiration, Jessie! :)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon Splenda
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavor
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Splenda
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon maple flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine first three ingredients and whisk together. Will be slightly grainy; set aside so the Splenda can dissolve into the butter.
2. Puree last five ingredients in a blender until mixed and a little bit frothy.
3. Pour batter into a buttered ramekin or microwaveable container (my ramekin looks so full because I actually have two servings in there).
6. Whisk the syrup mixture together again before pouring over puff. Alternately, you could mix this syrup up in a blender or with an immersion hand blender (see below) for a more "uniform" texture.
Yields: 1 serving