Sunday, May 17, 2015

Egg Fast Recipe - Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream



I am a very big fan of the Egg Fast!  It's a great way to jumpstart weight loss or break a plateau/stall.  If my weight loss has stalled more than 2 weeks, I use the egg fast to break it and resume losing weight.  It works like a charm!  My main issue with the egg fast is finding new ways to enjoy eggs.  I found a recipe for egg fast ice cream at "I Breathe, I'm Hungry" a little while back, and I made my own version using ice cream flavoring*.  The hubby even liked it, and he doesn't do egg fasts!

*Some of my personal favorite ice cream flavors: Chocolate Fudge,   Peanut Butter,   New York Cheesecake,   Cake Batter,     Mint Chocolate, Cinnamon Spice, Lemon Custard, Butter Pecan, and Mocha.



Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. Combine the cream cheese and the water in a large microwaveable bowl; microwave for 1 minute.
  2. Whisk water/cream cheese mixture thoroughly until frothy.
  3. Add yolks, Splenda, and ice cream flavoring; whisk thoroughly.
  4. Microwave for 30 seconds, whisk.  Repeat this step 3 more times (totaling 2 minutes microwave time) until mixture has thickened and resembles a pudding-like texture.
  5. Chill in the fridge for 30-45 minutes, whisking once about halfway through chilling time.
  6. Remove from fridge and whisk again.  
  7. Process in an ice cream machine for an extra-creamy texture, or simply freeze if you don't have an ice machine.
  8. To garnish, top with a teaspoon of sugar-free chocolate syrup.

Yields: 3 servings (if using an ice cream machine) Serving = 1/2 cup
Yields: 4 servings (if freezing "as is") Serving = 1/2 cup

*Nutritional Information:



  

















*Nutritional information has been calculated using the MyFitnessPal app.

No comments:

Post a Comment