- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper, if desired
- Garnish: dried parsley flakes
- Combine the water, butter, bouillon, and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once soup is boiling and bouillon has dissolved, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Beat the eggs with the lemon juice until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of the hot (not boiling) soup mixture slowly to the egg mixture, beating constantly. You should have a nice, frothy head.
- Add the soup/egg mixture to the remaining hot (not boiling) soup very slowly and whisk very well continuously.
- Add the parsley, stir, and let sit for a minute or two until the froth has subsided.
- Add salt and/or pepper, if desired. I personally don't like to add any salt to mine.