Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Egg Fast Recipe - Creamy Brodettato (Egg, Garlic, & Lemon Soup)


I've been on an Egg Fast kick recently!  I really like finding new ways to enjoy eggs while on an Egg Fast.  It doesn't hurt that they are so cheap, either!  ;) Anyways, today I'm sharing an Italian soup that has a tangy flavor that I just love!  In the original version, there is often some kind of meat, vegetable, or rice.  Buuuuutttt, since this is an Egg Fast recipe, I'm just making a smooth, creamy version of it by adding some butter.  I like my soup a little more tangy, so I add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.  If you're not a fan of lemon or tangy/sour flavors, I suggest sticking to just 1 tablespoon the first time you make this.  Honestly, you could omit the lemon juice altogether, but I think you'd be missing out!

Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. Combine the water, butter, bouillon, and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
  2. Once soup is boiling and bouillon has dissolved, reduce heat to a simmer.
  3. Beat the eggs with the lemon juice until smooth.
  4. Add 1/2 cup of the hot (not boiling) soup mixture slowly to the egg mixture, beating constantly.  You should have a nice, frothy head.
  5. Add the soup/egg mixture to the remaining hot (not boiling) soup very slowly and whisk very well continuously.
  6. Add the parsley, stir, and let sit for a minute or two until the froth has subsided.
  7. Add salt and/or pepper, if desired.  I personally don't like to add any salt to mine.
Yields: 1 serving

*Nutritional Information:
*Nutritional information has been calculated using the MyFitnessPal app.

6 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! I'm making it right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is one of my favorites! I love the way the lemon adds a "tanginess." I hope you like it as much as I do! :)

      Delete
  2. My favorite soup...egg fast or not! Would serve this to any one! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. About to make it right now.😊

    ReplyDelete