This recipe makes exactly 2 pickled eggs using the handy little 8-ounce jelly jars I bought. These jars are the perfect size for 2 eggs, but you could easily make a larger batch and throw it in a larger jar. The food coloring is completely optional, but if you want that "mustard" color, you will need the food coloring.
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/3 cup Splenda Granulated
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard (or 2 tablespoons prepared mustard)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
1. Place your hard-boiled eggs into an 8-ounce jelly jar.
2. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, Splenda, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and food coloring.
3. Pour vinegar mixture over eggs, filling jelly jar completely.
4. Seal jelly jar and place in the fridge. Let eggs rest for about 5-7 days in the fridge, flipping jar over every day or so (ingredients will settle).
Yields: 1 serving