Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Egg Fast Recipe - Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs


I have recently started another Egg Fast.  It's been a while since I've done one, and it's been even longer since I've tried my hand at any new Egg Fast recipes.  This one combines eggs with one of my favorite things in the world - no, not chocolate!  But if you guessed chocolate, then I know you have read this blog before, because I talk about chocolate a lot!  But no chocolate here!  It's one of my other favorite foods... Pickles!!!  This recipe is completely Egg Fast friendly and 100% delicious!  I have been waiting for snack time all day today, because I want to dive right into these!  ;)


Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs, hard-boiled
  • 1/3 cup sugar-free mayonnaise
  • 1 & 1/2 tablespoons pickle juice (from a jar of dill pickles)
  • Optional Garnish: a few very tiny pieces of chopped pickle OR a teeny, tiny sprinkle of dillweed
Directions:
1.  Slice hard-boiled eggs and remove yolks into a medium bowl.
2.  Mash yolks with a fork.
3.  Add mayonnaise and pickle juice and mix thoroughly.
4.  Spoon or pipe mixture back into egg whites and top with a tiny piece of chopped pickle or dillweed.


Yields: 6 servings (2 egg halves per serving)

*Nutritional Information:

*Nutritional information has been calculated using the MyFitnessPal app.

2 comments:

  1. Tried these yesterday -- i added a few chopped up pickles into the yolk mixture to give it a bit of texture. Very yummy!

    ReplyDelete