Monday, February 29, 2016

Egg Fast Recipe - Cinnamon French Toast Puff


It's hard to come up with new ways to eat eggs when on an Egg Fast.  The only way I can survive is to disguise my eggs as other dishes.  This is one of those dishes.  I can't take full credit for this recipe, because the original version (which is not entirely Egg Fast friendly) comes from Jessie at Sugar Free Like Me.  I have been thinking about this recipe for quite a while now, trying to come up with a way to make it 100% Egg Fast friendly, and I've finally done it!  So, thank you for the awesome inspiration, Jessie!  :)


Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 1/2 tablespoon Splenda
  • 1/4 teaspoon maple flavor
  • 1 egg
  • 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tablespoon Splenda
  • 1/2 - 1 teaspoon maple flavor
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions:
1.  Combine first three ingredients and whisk together.  Will be slightly grainy; set aside so the Splenda can dissolve into the butter.
2.  Puree last five ingredients in a blender until mixed and a little bit frothy.
3.  Pour batter into a buttered ramekin or microwaveable container (my ramekin looks so full because I actually have two servings in there).

4.  Microwave for about 2 minutes (or until done) on high power.

5.  Flip puff onto a plate.
6.  Whisk the syrup mixture together again before pouring over puff.  Alternately, you could mix this syrup up in a blender or with an immersion hand blender (see below) for a more "uniform" texture.



Yields: 1 serving

*Nutritional Information:

*Nutritional information has been calculated using the MyFitnessPal app.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't have any maple flavoring so I used lemon extract -- delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, this looks super fantastic for me to use on my first ever egg fast! I don't have a microwave, so I'm going to have to figure out an alternative way to cook the batter part.

    I don't have maple flavoring either (live in a foreign country), so I might try out the lemon extract thing myself. Although, it's going to be a homemade extractish thing, because I have none of that either. Lol

    So looking forward to using this recipe of yours!!! Thanks oodles!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I double the recipe, but probably didn't need double the sweetener in the syrup - it was very sweet, which I am not used to on keto. But SO delicious, I will make this often, just adjust the sweetener down. I also used vanilla because I don't have maple, and it still tasted like french toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I admittedly have a sweet tooth that just cannot be satiated! Lol

      Delete