- 2 bags Dole Classic Coleslaw mix (about 28 ounces total)
- 1/3 cup soured cream (See Step One of Directions Below)
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Hellmann's Olive Oil Mayo)
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 & 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Make the soured cream: To a 1/3 cup-size measuring cup, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Fill the rest of the 1/3 cup with heavy whipping cream. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Splenda, salt, pepper, heavy whipping cream, mayonnaise, white distilled vinegar, and lemon juice; stir to mix the sauce.
- By this time, your soured cream should have thickened. Stir gently to check. Add the soured cream to the sauce mixture and mix thoroughly. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Very finely chop both bags of coleslaw mix and place chopped pieces into a large mixing bowl. Do not skip this step! Chopping the mix very finely adds the perfect "KFC" texture and helps the sauce to mix in quickly.
- Pour sauce over finely chopped coleslaw mix and stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours. Stir before serving.
Yields: 9 servings