- 2 cups Carbquik baking mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (divided)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- With a pastry cutter (or a fork), cut the cold butter into the Carbquik mix until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder, and salt; blend well.
- Pour heavy cream into the dry mix; mix just until dough forms, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- Drop 10 dough balls onto a greased cookie sheet (or onto a sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden.
- Mix the melted butter, remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and parsley; brush on biscuit tops while warm.
Yields: 10 servings