Friday, September 4, 2015

Low-Carb Peanut Butter Freezer Cookies


This recipe was originally intended to be a low-carb peanut butter cookie dough.  I was quickly chilling the dough in the freezer, and completely forgot about it!  When I took it out, I broke off a piece, and I realized that even though this dough was totally frozen, it was still totally delicious!  So, I made another batch of the dough, shaped it like little cookies, and enjoyed the fruits of my labor.  It has Splenda (which the hubby isn't a fan of) so if he likes it, I know I did something right!  This could also be eaten in "raw" form if you just like the dough! 

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup natural, no-sugar-added, peanut butter (I use Kirkland brand from Costco)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1/2 cup Splenda granulated
  • 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
  • 1 tablespoon coconut flour
Directions:
  1. Combine the peanut butter and the butter until smooth.
  2. Add the Splenda, cream, and flour; mix until smooth.
  3. Place the "dough" onto a foil-lined cookie sheet in tablespoon-sized heaps.
  4. Chill in refrigerator for about 5-10 minutes.
  5. Remove from fridge and use a fork to make the classic criss-cross marks.
  6. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.

Yields: 8 servings

*Nutritional Information:





















*Nutritional information has been calculated using the MyFitnessPal app.

No comments:

Post a Comment