- 1 ounce unsweetened baker's chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 packets Truvia
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe container and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave, add Truvia, stir well, and microwave another 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave, add salt, stir well, and microwave a final 30 seconds.
- Add vanilla extract and stir until blended.
- Add cream and stir just until mixed.
- Immediately spread melted chocolate mixture into chocolate chip mold and spread around with a spatula. I used these two honey-comb silicone trivets as my chocolate chip mold. (Alternately, you could also spread your melted chocolate over a cookie sheet and break into chocolate "chunks" when the chocolate has set).
- Place candy molds (or cookie sheet) in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Remove chips from mold, working quickly* (or break into tiny "chunks" if frozen solid on a cookie sheet) and store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to use.
*NOTE: For fastest chip removal, I grazed a fork's tines along the folded silicone mold, working in batches. When about 1/3 of trivet #1 was done, I returned it to the freezer and pulled out trivet #2 to work on. I worked in batches like this until all the chips had been removed. It was a time-consuming process (about 30-45 minutes or so), but totally worth it if you want those cute little chips. If you are short on time (or patience, lol), I recommend the cookie sheet method. :)
Yields: 14 tablespoons (serving size = 1 tablespoon)
*Nutritional Information (per Tbsp):