- 4 slices cheddar cheese (or your favorite sliced cheese)
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/3 cup sugar-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pinches Splenda (or equivalent sweetener)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Garnish: finely chopped chives
- Chop hard-boiled eggs. Add mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, Splenda, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate until cold and ready to use.
- Place 1 slice of cheese onto a piece of parchment paper. Microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- While cheese is still hot, flip parchment paper (cheese-side-down) onto an upside-down muffin tin or small ramekin. Press edges down to shape cheese into a bowl.
- Carefully remove parchment paper and blot with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Chill for about 5 minutes in the refrigerator, or until ready to use.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for remaining slices of cheese.
- To serve, scoop 1/4 of egg salad mixture into each cheese cup and garnish with chives, if desired.
Yields: 4 servings